HYPOALLERGENIC SENSITIVE EARS

A high number of jewellery allergies are a result of "nickel". Nickel is a metal used to make malleable and soft metals, like silver and gold, firmer. What causes a nickel allergy has not yet been discovered, but being in contact with Nickel can often lead to dermatitis. This causes an inflammation, which can cause a rash, redness, itchiness, or even small blisters. To avoid situations like this, it is best you start wearing jewellery, especially earrings with hypoallergenic metals.

The term "hypoallergenic" indicates that there's a low possibility of an allergic reaction to the materials used for an item. Hypoallergenic metals have a lower possibility of giving allergies, but a person might still react to the metal. The term suggests that there is no Nickel in the earring pins, or they have been coated with something else on top. In this case, the surface of the post will eventually wear off, and the Nickel may be exposed and come into contact with the earlobe.

All of the earrings at With Bling use hypoallergenic metal earrings pins such as 925 Silver or Titanium, or have no-nickel coating on top. We even have a 925 Silver Necklace Chain collection for those who are sensitive around the neck. You can choose which material suits you the best from our sub-categories.


Here's a simple trick you can also try:

The Clear Nail Varnish Trick!

  1. When you get a new earring, carefully paint its posts with a clear Nail Varnish, then dry.
  2. Repeat this process a few times.
  3. Leave the earrings to dry off completely before you put it on. (The Nail Varnish creates a barrier between your sensitive ears and the earring post.)
  4. Ensure you re-coat the earring once in a while, as it can wear off.

925 SILVER EARRING POST

Sold out

Sold out

Sold out

TITANIUM EARRING POST

Sold out

Sold out

Sold out

925 SILVER NECKLACE CHAIN

Sold out

Sold out

Sold out

Leave a comment